Tuesday, November 13, 2007

for now

This blog is a stretch for me...on many levels. I've already related my distaste for keeping a journal, but presenting something using a generic template makes me equally uneasy. One of the biggest lessons I learned from the fire episode, however, is to not to wait until everything is pressed, and polished and perfect to share it. If I had followed that usual safe, controlled pattern, there would be no chabin memories to cherish. I would not have opened the doors on that place for anyone to see until sometime in April 2006...one month after the fire. So, what I learned was to love what is...as it is, which includes people, places, circumstances, and things. The majority of life comes "as is." You can miss out on a lot of it if you are waiting for the ideal. Is your "best self" really truly yourself? Someday I will create a site looks more original than a church newsletter, but for now, this is it...this is me.

No comments: