Sunday, January 27, 2008

ariel and the afterlife

In "The Little Mermaid," do you remember how much Ursula coveted Ariel's melodic voice? Now, I'm not plotting a takeover of the underwater world, but this week I could relate to her vocal jealousy.

On Wednesday night I attended a private Josh Groban concert up at Sundance. Sitting about 15 feet away from his grand piano hearing him belt out romantic and inspiring anthems was truly thrilling. If in the next life, when all things become perfected and perhaps we get to chose new talents, I want his voice.

2 comments:

katie and co. said...

Why am I always the first to respond to your posts? I SO no what you mean about Josh Groban. His voice really is amazing. I am jealous you got a private concert. You lucky duck! I had to share him with 20,000 people. Not nearly as intimate. I really hope you get a voice like his too. I can't stand yours... (just kidding! I knew you'd get a kick out of that because you are sensitive you don't have a good singing voice.)

katie and co. said...

I take that back...why am I the ONLY one to respond to your posts? :)