Have you ever "googled" your own name? When I tried it the other day, I didn't know quite what to expect. Just how many of me are there in the world anyway?The results came up with links to news stories about the chabin fire; quotes I had said regarding the "First Harvest" event at This is the Place Heritage Park; my "why I'm a Jed" profile on jed.com; my appointment to the Ogden Landmarks Commission; a poem I had written to a girl I didn't know; results of a track race I had won in a junior high school back east (when I followed that link I was disappointed to learn that it really wasn't me); my entry in the county fair as an 11-year old 4-H participant who "built a catapult powerful enough to loft a bowling ball a few yards and accurate enough to hit the head of his sister’s suitor with a tennis ball from 60-feet" (again not me...how disheartening to learn in one day that not only am I not athletic, but I am not scientific either. Quite a shocker–good thing I was sitting down); in addition to being a native Utahn, that I also currently reside in Alabama, Pennsylvania and New York; and a random blogspot.
Curious, I also followed the link to the unknown blog (a potentially dangerous practice) and found that I was in someone's personal list of blogs that I didn't recognize. I didn't know quite what to think. When you discover that you are being watched from afar, should you feel flattered or self conscious? I guess it's payback from being a blogstalker myself sometimes.
4 comments:
I'm feeling a little paranoid so I have to fess up. I like to your blog and I don't really know you! So if it was my blog you came upon I thought I'd let you know that you do know my sister Teri and I have attended your halloween party for 3 years now!
oops I meant to say I link to your blog. ha ha
Oh Kelli. Don't be paranoid. I hope you're planning on joining us for Halloween again this year...we're thinking HOGWARTS. Tell Teri hello.
I have a friend that watches your blog too, Jed. She's told me before. I think you should be flattered! She thinks what you say is good stuff and I agree. So sorry I couldn't swing the whole Ogden thing this year. Forgive me?
Post a Comment