Saturday, July 12, 2008

you can't spell pigeon without PIG

Pigeons, pigeons, everywhere–
on the rooftop, on the stair.

Cooing, cooing, everywhere–

from the tower–Quasi's lair.

Flapping, flapping everywhere–

in attic, eaves and window glare.

Droppings, droppings, everywhere–

on sidewalks, car, and in my hair.

Fly, please fly away, anywhere–

Into a propeller; I don't care.


Any (legal/lethal) suggestions for how to get rid of a pesky pigeon colony?

6 comments:

Angie said...

We invested in a couple of air soft pellet guns to ward off all of the neighborhood cats. It hasn't completely solved the problem but it's helped a lot. Plus, they're really fun to shoot and they're just plastic beebees so it's not really hurting anything (unfortunately). Hey, we're going to come visit you August 1st. Are you going to be around?

Angie said...

Me again. Hey, do you have any pictures of the nauvoo reunion to post? I'd love to see them.

jayna said...

loved your last post... the tribute to the firework stairs. that house has so many stories. and i'm so glad to say that i was able to see it in person. just read your comment on teri's blog about her being your terigodmother and laughed. out loud. how did you get to be so creative.
j

LClark said...

Here I am- finally posting pictures of our dinner group at Jefferson Square in June on the NUDG blog and I took a gander at your blog. Love your last three posts.

I have a suggestion for the pigeon problem:

Host a Pigeon-Hunting & Roasting Event for a future dinner event. We could use wrist rockets- and if we didn't have any luck, shotguns. If you needed to get a closer shot, you could get on the roof and then let 'em have it! Do you have a "fireworks stairs" at your new place?

LClark said...

Oh yeah- and you could always feed them...

...to a bunch of stray cats or something, but then you'd have a cat problem.

coriconnors said...

I am a pigeon whisperer. Seriously. Pigeons come down my chimney and whoop it up in my house, soot and all. Try to shoo them out and you just get more droppings. Try to throw a blanket over them and feathers fly. So I, through inspiration no doubt, became a pigeon whisperer. "Shhh, shhh little dove. I will not hurt you. See that sunlight? See it? Go toward the light little Dove, go to the light."
It works. I swear.