I am inspired by my friend's quest to get healthy–body, mind and spirit. And so I want to wish the 2 year old NEW NAT a happy re-birthday...from the 12 year old NON-CARBONATED JED. December marked the twelve year anniversary of my last soda. I can't even remember what it was–probably an icy Diet Coke. I wasn't a 32 ounce-aholic, but did occasionally partake from a drive-thru window or fill up a Mav mug when I filled my gas tank. Suffering with some back problems a few years ago, I consulted a chiropractor. After some tests she determined that I have weak kidneys and revoked all carbonation privileges. Truthfully I haven't missed it much, although sometimes a frosty mug of A&W rootbeer sounds really good.
You don't realize how prevalent bubbly drinks are until you can't have them. It has only been in recent years that juice and water have been socially acceptable. Although most gatherings still center around fancy fizzy drinks, I don't feel like such a social outcast when I'm left to suck on ice. I want to thank those who know this about me for remembering Jed-friendly beverages when I'm around.
Whatever your personal improvement or maintenance requires, I offer a toast to your commitment and self control.
3 comments:
I prefer non-carbonated beverages too. Milk, water and juice are my fav's.
Me too! Milk is my first favorite (yes, i do get made fun of) and then water. Not really a fan of soda. lol. Here's to you Jed, (and Nat) may your lives be better because of your sacrafices.
hugs-
my dearest Jed, thank you.
Post a Comment